Tuesday, August 30, 2016

I Am Back


I was gone for several days to St. Louis, Missouri for my nephew Ian’s wedding to his new wife Helen. We have now added a new member to the family. It was quite a wedding and celebration. The wedding took place in garden at the high school they attended and graduated from. The place they fell in love. They are actually a lot a like being very talkative and life of any party.

Speaking of a party the reception something else indeed; they had band that sang Motown tunes. I believe they were a real professional group. I would not be surprised if they came from Detroit. So it was a lot like a concert and when they took a break we were instructed to go outside to see a view. It turned out to be the most spectacular fireworks I have seen ever in my life. I have seen some pretty good ones before especially on Fourth of July but nothing compares to what happened that night. The reception took place at a local golf and country club. It was pretty nice and I would not be surprised if it was the best one in St. Louis.

There were toasts throughout the reception by those close to either one of the couples. What you find out is that they are a like in so many ways. Ian and Helen both are life of the party and at the same time very loyal to their friends and family. The best man and maid of honor both felt that they will be life time friends. It happened almost immediately when they met Ian and Helen.

My brother Jack who is Ian’s father had the first toast at the rehearsal dinner. He said that Ian and Helen are a lot alike so many felt that the chances of them lasting together were probably one in a million but they did not care because of the love they had for each other. Much of the time in their relationship they were hundreds if not a few thousands of miles apart because of the colleges they attended but they made sure to spend as much time together as they could. Regardless of what chance they had in a long term relationship they knew that they wanted it very much and would make it happen. You see that is the kind of people they are. Ian and Helen are both high driven individuals who will go after what they want and most of all what they wanted most was each other. They are both known for being the life of the party so together there will be lots of parties going on. What I saw at the wedding reception anyone in their right mind would want to attend any party they put on.

Another thing was their vows to each other. I have never anything more incredible. They really put me to tears especially Helen’s vows to Ian. Her last vow at the end she said that if at some point in their life together Ian had doubts of her love for him she would show him that love. It would not matter how small the doubt is. I found that to be incredible. Both Ian and Helen have a lot of talent and I have no doubt they will succeed at all they do.

I have a lot more to say about the trip and what I go out of it. Until next time best wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment