Saturday, August 6, 2016

It Is A Marathon


Several days ago my cousin Jennifer reminded her sister Bronwen who is going through an illness right now that she is in a marathon and not a sprint. Also every time there will be two steps forward and one step back.  Since then Bronwen has taken a couple steps forward once again.

This reminds me that is what our lives are all about. We have no idea how long we will live but we are living a marathon anyway. Unfortunately not everyone lives to a ripe old age. For instance my older brother died some time ago at the age of thirty-eight while my mother is still going on and she will turn ninety-six next month. Also I almost died when I was four years old from being burned. So you see none of us knows when our time is up however we have to act as though it is a marathon we are living though the hour of our last breathe is not known to us.

We are all in circumstances where we are working on things and must know those things may take some time to complete. This is true for everyone and when we are helping someone we know get over something that changes does not occur overnight. Also this is true for us as well. I know that there are things or events that happened to me over the years that I am still working on. I believe that I am a champion and a warrior however there are days that I do not feel as either one. Like Jennifer says to be a true I will take two steps forward and one backwards. A good thing to do is look back where we were a year ago and where we are today. Although we are not where we want to be we are no longer where we were then. It is truly important to know the direction we are headed for along with the direction we came from.

I have mentioned before how important it is to have those we mentor along with those who mentor us. We must have friends who are in the same place as we are too.

The only way Bronwen will make it through her illness is for Jennifer, the rest of our family and friends to continue are on her side. She has to know that we are there when she goes back a step along with taking the two steps forward. We have no idea how long the road ahead is for her but we will be there every step of the way. The one thing I do know for sure is how much each of us loves Bronwen and what she means to us. She has a strong will and is quite the fighter so whatever the odds are we have to believe she will make it through. So I want to encourage everyone whatever you or someone you love is going through there are those who will fight alongside you. We are glad this is a marathon and not just a sprint! God bless you all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment