Thursday, August 11, 2016

Let the Sunshine In





I know it is a famous song that was song by the fifth dimension in the late sixties however this is how we really should feel letting the sunshine into our lives.

This is a reason I like music so much is that a lot of songs can make us feel good at the same time explaining where we are at in our lives as well. Also a reason I write poetry sometimes so I can express myself in a small way instead of writing out a whole story.

These days it seems that we allow things and people to get the best of us. So I believe we should let those closest to us in as often as we can. Other words they are the sunshine in our lives. I always like seeing those who I knew in my youth because they know who I really am. I do have friends that I have met since being an adult however there is something about those from a long time ago even if I don’t see them very often. The most important thing is to be around those that we feel comfortable with and we can share our feelings. We know that they will be with us no matter the situation.

No matter what age you are I suggest that you around those that make you feel special as much as possible. Those who bring darkness instead of light into your life to stay away from them as much as possible; however it is important to keep them in your life as long as you can’t let them bring you down. You may have to let them know that they affect you in a negative way and for them to be a regular person in your life they have to change. Neither you nor them it is not good to use each other as a crutch. This is especially true if either or both have a substance abuse. It is important to be with those who can help you get through the situation and come through to the other side. In the end it takes tough love sometimes. It is better to be around old friends who may have had the same problems but came through the other side. They know where you have come from and will love you where you’re at.  

I have heard about where a lot of people in my area of Washington State get depressed because of the weather. I know that I have had to deal with depression but it has to more with circumstances for me. I know that during the late fall and winter with all the cloudy days people can feel depressed and there are those who have to deal with allergies as well. I have learned though that it is important to rise above everything which brings the sun in especially into our hearts.

I am sure we all have heard the words “stop and smell the roses”. This is another good idea for us. Take our time out of a busy schedule and enjoy the roses along with other plant lives. Also would not be bad to enjoy them with your dog. Our lives are short so what we can do to make things a lot better than we are better off.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment