Thursday, August 18, 2016

Loss of Relative and Close Friend


Wednesday morning with her sisters and husband Hank my dear cousin Bronwen passed away because of complications. It is a shock to all of us in the Nightingale family so keep us in your prayers especially Hank who will have to make adjustments because of her loss.

Bronwen was more than my cousin she was a dear friend of mine especially over the last few years. There was a period of time where we were not in touch. Happens sometimes in families when you become adults; last year she visited me both times after I got out of the hospital for my heart procedure and then for removal of kidney stones. She was so kind and making me feel better. Hank usually came on most of the occasions though he did miss the one on the kidney because he had to work. Bronwen worked to however she missed some time because of her health.

In many ways this is a blessing for Bronwen because she has gone through a lot in her adult life being sick for a lot of it. Besides Hank she leaves behind a cat and a dog that she loved dearly. She is a year and ten days older than me so we are very close in age. Bronwen had a fiery personality and was not afraid to tell you what she thought. I believe her personality is what helped her fight and win her battles over her healthy unfortunately this time she could not overcome. The blessing she went quickly and is now in peace. I know that I will miss her kindness along with that fiery personality. She lived only about fifteen miles away from me the last year in Lakewood, Washington. Before that she lived for a long time in Puyallup, Washington which was not a long distance either. Growing up she, sister’s, mother and father lived in Seattle. I remember the times visiting their home especially at Christmas time. They would come visit us in Gig Harbor a few times every year. I remember the times at the small table at Thanksgiving eating turkey and stuffing. Also I remember the trip both of our families took by sailboat to Victoria and San Juan Islands. Along with everyone else she made it a fun trip.

So Bronwen fair well until we meet again down the road. Say hello to my dad and brother Dick along with your parents.  I am so happy that you are at peace.    

My beloved cousin Bronwen below  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment