Saturday, August 20, 2016

Seeing and Talking to Old Friends




I am excited because today I will be going to a reunion of classmates from high school. I know that there are those who don’t care much for high school reunions but I certainly do.

Actually my class hasn’t had a reunion in years so I expect most of the ones I see I haven’t seen or talked to for many years including since high school. We have made our reunion a little different since it has been years. Not only will I see those from my class also some from the class year before and the class the year after. Majority of them I haven’t seen for sure.

Most of the ones I have seen from school I usually run into at a coffee shop or grocery store. It still amazes me though there are a lot still living in the area I have never seen them around town at all and like I have said before Gig Harbor is a small town so you would think I would see more of them.

I am sure you realize I don’t have relationships with these old school friends anymore except I do on social media. What I hope out of this reunion we will have more of them in the future and at the same time begin with starting new relationships as adults. Other words start seeing them on a regular basis. Since we do have common background and interests it would be nice to get together for coffee or dinner.

Unlike many reunions this one is more like family reunions where we are having a potluck. We are meeting at one of my classmates home that is on the waterfront on Fox Island which is about a twenty minute drive west of Gig Harbor. The weather is going to be one of the hottest on record around here in the 90s and those who want to can bring children and grandchildren to the reunion as well. While we talk and catch up the kids can go swimming and play games. In many ways it is more of family reunion than a high school reunion.

I know that some will be missing who wanted to be here but because of other obligations can’t. The main reason because of family reunions or vacations; I am sure we will discuss having another one at a better time in the year. So whatever you are doing this weekend whether it is a reunion of your own or a family outing or vacation have a grand time. It is amazing to think August is almost over and time to get back to normal life. God bless you!


No comments:

Post a Comment