Thursday, September 15, 2016

Being Significant





I believe all of us at some level want to be significant. What is life like if we just go through the motions anyway? Being significant is another part of having a purpose. Like I have said earlier we must have a good attitude and I truly believe feeling significant helps us have that good attitude.

Primarily being significant is how other people feel about us and what difference we can make in their lives along with others. I don’t think it is something we have to think a lot about however hearing a thank you or I really appreciate you goes a long ways in feeling significant.

I believe feeling significant and again I think it is more than a feeling like many other things in our lives we have the choice to decide in our minds that we are significant. Actually I believe being significant goes back to our childhood. If we have parents and other adults whether aunts, uncles, friends of the family and teachers always giving us assurance than we will feel significant in the same manner we are told negative things than we will feel insignificant. I believe teachers take a big role in our lives as children because we spend so much time with them besides our own parents. Other kids can make us feel insignificant or significant as well depending on whether we are popular or not. A role of a bully can bring us down and not make us feel good about ourselves. I believe that has a lot to do with ourselves as well. Some kids are more sensitive than other kids however I believe everyone wants to be accepted. When you are told over and over again that you are not good at something you will believe what you are being told. This goes into adulthood as well. I find that over and over again in my mind what I was told during those childhood years were not the truth.

These days’ children more than ever have to be told how significant they are. Social media for one thing can shout out to kids that they are not significant. Those of us who have struggled through heartache ourselves can reassure the children of today. I believe it is not only the responsibility of the parents but we can all assure them. I don’t have any children however I can look at every child that I see and make sure they are being encouraged. Not only this shows them how significant they are it also shows us how significant we are. So I hope when you wake up in the morning and then when you go to sleep at night that you have been shown how significant you are.   


No comments:

Post a Comment