Friday, September 9, 2016

Remembering My Cousin!




Saturday Sept 10 we will be remembering my cousin Bronwen who passed away about a month ago. We learned that she had cancer about two weeks after Independence Day. I visited her one day at Virginia Mason Hospital in Seattle for encourage but because of complications she did not make it. She had crone’s disease for some time and she has been in and out of hospitals for a while as well. Right after she was given chemotherapy for the cancer is when complications happened because of the crone’s.

Bronwen has been a fighter all her life but lost the battle this time. She was a very good friend to me besides being my cousin. She was feisty as well. It was part of her personality. Though we all loved her it was that feisty personality that made her not always easy to live with. Her husband Hank loved and was very devoted to her. He has had to fight with crone’s as well but not at the same level as Bronwen.

Although we will miss her she is now in a better place with peace. Saturday will be difficult however it will be nice to see family around that I don’t see very often. Actually I saw more of Bronwen that the other cousins because she was closer distance wise living in Puyallup and then Lakewood the last year. She would come visit me when I was getting out of the hospital even though her health was in question. I know that Hank will miss her a lot. Hopefully his family will help him out a lot. He loved Bronwen so much and you could see that she loved him back as much.

Even though I became closer with Bronwen I have heard stories about her that I had never heard before. I guess no matter how much we know someone there are always things we do not know about them either. Although there will be sadness on Saturday when her family and friends come together there will be laughter as well. Like I say she was not always an easy person to be around all loved her very much. The world will not be the same without her. I know how longer I live a part of her will live in me too. I tip a glass and a toast to you. I know my eyes will have tears in them for both sadness and joy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment