Monday, November 14, 2016

You’re Friends


It amazes me that people lost friends over the President Election. I wonder if it has ever happened before. With all the elections for President before I am sure it has but not to this extent I think anyway.

This all has to do with what people believe in. Whether you voted for Trump or Hillary Clinton these beliefs ran deep for most.  I know most of my friends who voted for Trump had to do with the issues and not him. They primarily did not want Clinton in the White House or someone like her with what she believed in. They felt that she would be dangerous being President of the United States. The main issue had to do with the Supreme Court. I can see their concern however the President can only nominate it is Congress that has to accept the nomination; so in my mind who is in Congress in my main concern.

I was a Republican going into this Presidential race but now I am an independent. I think that the party could have chosen someone better than Donald Trump. At the same time I don’t agree with Clinton and the Democratic Party. So this is where I am right now.

The important thing now is healing and that people come back together as friends. Go ahead and agree that you disagree on politics. Life is too short and Jesus Christ said to forgive others including your enemies.

I am fortunate not to have lost any friends though one is restrained. I have forgiven her of her remarks on social media directed at me. Yes she was not afraid to use my name. I hope that she doesn’t feel the same now especially with Trump being President. That is who she voted for.  She did not favor me for voting write-in candidate. I feel that I could not for Trump because of my conscience though I agreed more with his issues.

Now that the race is over time to get back to our lives the best we can. Bring healing and love back into our lives. I appreciate everyone that reads this blog and that in any way I can have made your life richer. Until next time many blessing to you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment