Sunday, November 13, 2016

Having Peace!


It seems to me a lot of people want peace around the world which makes perfect sense. You then hear about riots around the USA and a few other countries over the election of Donald Trump.

I have to say that I am not a big fan of Trump’s since I didn’t  vote for him the election but I am not a fan of Hillary Clinton’s either since I did not vote for her either. Yes I did vote doing a write-in.

Right here in the Pacific Northwest in both Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington were two of the riots that went on. I don’t mind having peaceful marches long as they don’t disturb the traffic but there is no sense in rioting. What did not help in Seattle was that one of the city councilmen spoke at that occasion. She has been in situations like this before. She has the right to give her own opinion and the freedom of speech but not under those circumstances. My opinion she should resign or be asked to by the mayor of Seattle.  She would have been more successful if she had held a press conference saying her opinion of the new President.

Like I said that I am not a big fan of Mr. Trump’s however the vote of the people got him into office so the rest of us have to give him the chance to do the job. I wonder if the same rioting would have happened if Hillary Clinton had been voted in. I am sure some people would say no but I think it may have happened anyway.

The mainstream media didn’t help out either spending the time they did on reporting what happened. Of course it had to be reported but I think they could say what happened and then condone the action. In Seattle a block or so away from the rioting was a shooting of five people that had nothing to do with the riot however it didn’t get as much news reporting.  Both issues should have been reported as a traffic report to be sure drivers would not find their way through those streets. Of course something like that helps in the ratings. I wonder how many of those rioters actually cast a vote in the election; something to think about.

So let us get back to where peace should be the major focus even for those who don’t agree with the election of Trump. Beginning with peace is where we can make a change in what is happening in the world. We can be passionate however at the same time be peaceful. It is through the peace we can make the changes we should happen in the world. This all begins with us where the world can become a better place. If not us who will? Give peace and love to those around us. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment