Thursday, December 1, 2016

Remembering Peggy’s Cove


If you go back to three of my early posts you will see that I wrote about a trip our family took across Canada and Eastern United States when I was twelve years old.

One of the places I remember a little was Peggy’s Cove in Nova Scotia. It is a very small town with a population around thirty-five however what I remembered was enjoying running on the rocks. I don’t remember the town itself much at all but the rocks yes for sure. At twelve years old though running on walks had to be a really good time. Talking to my brother Jack he enjoyed the time on the rocks as well. Someday I hope to return to Peggy’s Cove. It will be interesting to see the area once again with a new perspective at the same time remembering the rocks. I am sure everyone has memories of places that they have been to that have been a part of their highlight of life but can’t remember all the details.

My mother’s mother grew up in Nova Scotia. We were able to meet two of her sisters for the only time of our lives. She was on the trip at that point as well. This was actually the last good time with grandmother since she died a year or so later.

Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto and Boston are the places I have returned to visit since that wonderful trip. I can’t wait to see the other places once again in the future. We visited every province in Canada on that trip. Few Canadians ever visit all the provinces.

Going back in a time machine would be nice as well too. Actually seeing what I was doing on the trip would be nice. This is why I like going traveling is to add new memories to my life and meeting people in their culture.

Peggy’s Cove I am not sure when I will see you again however I do plan to come so I can remember the old memories more and to add new ones as well. Living in a small town like I do it is always interesting to visit other small towns as well especially those that are even smaller.

Recently one of my classmates Dave his younger sister Kathy took a cruise trip through eastern United States and up the St. Lawrence River in Canada. I asked her on her return if she had stopped off in Peggy’s Cove. She told me that the cruise ship did make a stop for a day there. It was so nice to talk with her about Peggy’s Cove and about my trip. Makes me hungry to return to that part of the world; not only do I want to walk on the rocks once again it is to see the sites of this small town. I wonder how much it has changed in all these years. Oh boy I can’t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment