Saturday, December 3, 2016

Touching Stories


 I always find it good whenever I hear stories that are touching; makes me feel real good. With politics and tragedy stories it nice to hear about the ones that come out good.

Since my memory is limited it sometimes hard to remember the touching stories. I am sure everyone has stories that make us feel good with hope.

My life is centered on sports to some degree. Friday night the University of Washington won the Pac-12 league championship 41-10 championship. In a few days they will find out whether they will be in the national championship series that will be played in January. There is four teams that will be named to play. Going into Friday night’s game they were listed at four so I would think they should stay there. The other big university here in Washington State Cougars who had a good season as well should learn soon where they will be playing in the bowl games.

On the national scene it was nice to hear about the young mother from California who was rescued on the side of the road after being kidnapped for several weeks. Now she is back with her family. We don’t know the details why she was kidnapped. We should know more in the future and then there was the lady who was buried along with her dog in a tornado in Alabama was found alive. This kind of stories always gives us hope.

Not to the same level as these two stories I have a touching story recently got to witness.  I was in line at my local coffee shop that I go to on a regular basis a girl about four years old was in line behind me with her mother and brother. Ahead of us waiting to get his coffee along with his partner was a Gig Harbor police officer. The girl was so excited to see the policeman that she asked her mother if she could go up and say hello to him. She thought it was a good idea so she ran up to him and said hello. His response with a smile and asked her name. They had a wonderful dialogue for a couple minutes before she returned to the line. What a wonderful touching story to witness. This is the reason I like seeing children in the coffee shop and in the grocery store just being themselves.

I look forward to sharing more touching stories in the future. Being a part of the story makes it even better. If you can share stories that are touching I recommend that you do so. Makes us all feel so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment