Sunday, December 4, 2016

It’s That Time


I know I said the same thing for November however it is hard to believe that it is now December. It seemed like November flew by though we had a lot of rain here on the mainland while the mountains got a lot of snow and skiers we able to do their thing earlier this year.

Another year is about to hit us so some people enjoy reflecting on the year that is just flying by. I have to say that 2016 has been a good year with my health standing still in the most part. My mother who turned 96 years old in September is still going along strong. She doesn’t walk real fast however she does better than some twenty years younger than her. In some ways she is a lot like the energy bunny she keeps moving along. Her secret for long life besides family genes is that she has a busy social life. She plays bridge at least twice a week along with going to church and a few other groups. She doesn’t drive anymore so I take her where she needs to be except in a couple cases at night where she is picked up by those who are going to the same event.

The highlight of the year was going to St. Louis, Missouri in August for the wedding of my nephew Ian and his bride Helen. Mother was able to go and she had a wonderful time. She was provided a wheel chair at the airport and the hotel. The distances were long so that helped out a lot. She usually walks with a cane though she does have a walker. She only uses the walker when she goes somewhere where she has to walk a distance. She walks carefully because of having problems with her balance. Last year before Christmas she fell hard on her head. If I had not been there she would have bleed to death. I stopped the bleeding before calling the ambulance. Again she fell in February however that was not as bad though she had to go into emergency again. She makes every effort so she doesn’t have to go hospital again.

This year she and I will spend the holidays together. We are not sure exactly what we will do however we will have a good time. It certainly not like the holidays in the years past however we will make due.

I know that most people have the same traditions every year this time of the year. I hope whatever you have planned will be very good. Both my sister and brother are on the east coast so we will only be able to talk with them on the phone for the holidays. They will have their families with them again this year. I have spent the holidays before at both of their places however mother doesn’t travel any longer. The wedding in August was the exception to the rule since it was important to see her grandson get married.

What I hope for this year to have a White Christmas. Of course I have wanted that every year. This week it is supposed to be colder so there is a chance of snow. There are those that say you can go to the mountains for snow. That is the truth but it is not the same as having snow here. The thing is that snow usually doesn’t stay around very long anyway. I figure those who don’t want to drive because of the snow my answer is why not just stay home. It is my plan though to take some pictures with the snow and I will pass them on to you. Wherever you are enjoy the holiday season and start planning for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment