Thursday, January 26, 2017

Going to the Movies


I have to say over the years that I haven’t gone to a lot of movies in the theatre. Primarily I don’t want to go by myself. I am sure most everyone would agree with me on that one. It doesn’t really matter who I go with as long as someone especially if they enjoy the movie as well.

I would say that I average less than one movie a year that I see. So I would not be much of a movie critic though most of the movies have been pretty good. I don’t always know much about the movie I go to however the movie is one that is highly recommended.

Wednesday I went with my mother to the local theatre right here in Gig Harbor. What is nice it is one of the new theatre’s around. Gig Harbor has had a theatre for a while however new seating was put in a couple years ago. It is where you can relax and you can have your legs raised up along with your head going back. You know it is a good movie if you don’t fall asleep in the middle of it.

I took my mother to see the movie because her friends said that it would be a wonderful movie and that I would like it too. She doesn’t go to a lot of movies herself. In fact growing up neither her or my father took us to movies. My brothers and I had to rely on our older sister. We had to go into nearby Tacoma because Gig Harbor didn’t have a theatre at the time. In those days most of the movies we saw were musicals like Hello Dolly and the Sound of Music.

Anyway mother and I took in the first show just after 1 pm. There wasn’t a big crowd but you don’t expect that early afternoon. The movie we saw was the Hidden Figures. What a wonderful movie indeed. It is about three black women who worked for NASA in the early sixties. I don’t want to spoil the show however it is very delightful for sure. It was based on a true story and it was funny along with being emotional at times. I laughed a lot and cried as well. Sometimes I did both at the same time. Nothing better than seeing a movie that is based on a true story and loving it at the same time. Whether you truly like these kinds of movies or not I still ask you to go see it. It is a good way to spend a little over two hours along with a friend or family.

This means to that I have to look forward to seeing the next movie whatever that may be. Hopefully I won’t wait another year to do so. Now I will say good bye and happy time enjoying the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment