Saturday, February 11, 2017

Ask For Wisdom!





We all know the world is getting smaller and we can reach others anywhere else in matter of seconds.  On social media we can view live feeds of anyone who chooses to do so.

Whatever cause you follow or go against you will be either praised or criticized. Also this applies if you don’t agree with some people’s life style. This is why I stay away from controversy often as I can. Everyone seems to have a strong opinion when it comes to politics, religion or lifestyle. The big question is how to be loving and compassionate with others you don’t agree and this is especially true of family and friends.

I believe we do need to ask for wisdom.  If you have read the Old Testament in the book of first Kings Chapter three King Solomon who has taken over the kingship after the death of his father David he asked for discernment between good and evil from God. He became the wisest man ever on earth though like all of us he did make a lot of mistakes as well. We can all use wisdom daily in our lives. One thing I believe is that we need to know when to speak and when not to. I do have areas that I feel strong in however not giving my opinion most of the time I have found to be wise.  I say most of the time because I have given my opinion on social media and I have been praised and criticized. Many occasions it is a lose win situation to speak up however there are times where it is important to do so and that is where wisdom must come in.

So my answer to this is to ask God for discernment and wisdom. Know when to speak and when not too.  There are times whatever you say other people will not listen because they have so strong opinions and I know to that we all have these strong opinions. Other words we are in a no win situation.  In a way what could be funny is that there are those who may have strong feeling in what I say here and I am fine with that too.

I feel besides asking for wisdom is careful when you do speak. I don’t want you to lose family and friends because of it. We can’t win all the battles we fight. I end here wishing you a wonderful weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment