Friday, February 10, 2017

Enjoying Our Time


Talking about pressing into our goals and encouraging you all that you can actually make it I feel that it is important for all of us to enjoy our time as well.

I feel sometimes being serious about doing something like getting your purpose and destiny it easy to forget that we should enjoy ourselves as well. I am part of a men’s group  at church where we are dealing about serious things going on in our lives and where we want to change how we feel about ourselves and others. Getting out of those areas in life that we struggle a lot with; however, we must take the time to be truly happy as well. We can get really drained if we focus so much on the serious side of life. Also we can get discourage if we don’t resolve things in the time we want to. I sometimes want a quick fix to those areas of life that have been disturbing to me.

Although I am working to get those areas of my life that I feel need fixing I want to be able to have those happy times as well. If you are married and you are working on your marriage it is a good idea to take your wife on a date. Since I am not married and no girlfriend at this time I should reward myself to go out and have a good time as well.

I do have a regular routine of going out for walks and visiting my favorite coffee shop which is a good thing however I need to do something that is out of my routine as well. I recommend that for all of us to do so. In some way you could call it going on a vacation. Be a good idea to go somewhere outside of where you live to enjoy the time with your spouse or by yourself. If you have small children get a baby sitter to watch them while you are gone. It would be like going on a retreat. In fact if your church has those kinds of weekends I make sure to go out on them as often as you can.

Even if we are not going through anything that is serious we can become busy as well so a time away to relax is good for whatever reason it. Another idea when you can’t get away still has the attitude that you will be happy under any circumstances. Best to you all wherever you may go.

No comments:

Post a Comment