Monday, February 20, 2017

Presidents Day


I decided it was good to write twice this day. Actually I forgot I should write about this being President’s Day.

What is President’s Day? I am sure some people have forgotten however it has to do with George Washington and Abraham Lincoln birthdays. Actually I remember as a kid we had school off for both Washington and Lincoln’s birthday. Now they have wrapped it into one day.

I liked the fact that we got out of school for both of their birthdays. I have to be honest since that is what both Washington and Lincoln are known for is that I liked anytime school was not in session. I was not a big fan of school. I went to school because I was told so. If it was up to me I probably would have stayed home as often as I could.

Whenever I was sick I usually stayed home all week. Being sick for one day seemed to be a waste of time far as I was concerned. There had to be something real important for me to get back to school sooner than staying out all week. What that would be I have to think more about it.

Anyway Washington and Lincoln were two of our greatest presidents. Washington was a general and the people felt it was important to make him the first president of the United States. Whatever else he did was an added plus in my book while Lincoln was president during the civil war when the country was divided. He wasn’t very popular in his day like he is now however he was able to get rid of slavery.

Whatever we think of Donald Trump or any of the other presidents in recent years for sure we still need to honor this day because it is not really about any other presidents besides Washington and Lincoln.

One of the reasons the United States is a strong nation has to do with these two men. Of course there were other men and also women that have helped shape and make this nation strong however these two are our representatives for all Americans.

Our country may have a lot of faults however it is still a great nation. So much that there are still many that want to enter in every day and year. So today we honor these two great men and thank them for the duty to this great nation. May peace be in this land for many years to come. May we prosper and show the way to other nations on the right way to go. No matter whom the president is at any given time it is about the people of the United Sates of American. I consider it an honor to be a citizen of this fine country. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment