Sunday, February 26, 2017

What is Considered a Good Life?





I am wondering how many people ask the question what is considered a good life or a successful life.

I have the feeling we try to get by everyday so having success in our life might not across our minds. Waking up every morning to another day I may consider success. Circumstances may tell us whether we are having success or not. So having a good life may be answered differently on what is happening at the time.

I wonder if a good life is depended on how long you live. I am sure some people think it about that way. The thing is though if you die young your mind probably hasn’t thought about a good life at all because you could be thinking you will live forever or at least a long time. I amazed by young people that have cancer or heart failure or something else that they know their days are numbered. They have the faith to fight on and appreciate life at the moment. It would be great if we all felt that way. This would be really true if we knew that today would be the last day of our life. These young people though they may have not lived a lot of years who die I would consider them having a good life because of the inspiration they are to others around them.

My conclusion is what makes a good and successful life is being an inspiration to others and living out our destiny no matter how long we live. I hope to life a long life however whatever long it really is I know that I have lived in my purpose and destiny.

On a personal note which has irony to it since I was planning on writing this before I found out one of my best friends growing up Bob is in ICU at St. Anthony’s Hospital here in Gig Harbor. I actually consider him my second best friend I had growing up. He is in the hospital for congestive heart failure and his heart is functioning at 10% so it doesn’t look good so I would appreciate any prayers. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment