Saturday, February 25, 2017

Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam


Two friends of mine Scott and Judi are on a trip going to all forty-eight states in the continental United States. At least that is their plan anyway.

It is so nice because I have been able to follow their trip through video on social media. Recently they were in the Grand Canyon. They said it was the best part of the trip so far. They started their trip in Easter Washington and went through Oregon and California before arriving in Arizona. They have an on line business to help support their trip.

The Grand Canyon is one of the best wonders to visit in the United States. I remember going to the Grand Canyon about twenty-five years ago myself. On that trip I left Gig Harbor, Washington and went for three weeks. I went into Oregon, California, and Nevada before going into Arizona. This was when I visited Hoover Dam as well.

I spent about a week in Las Vegas with my Aunt Marian and Uncle Jim on the way to the Grand Canyon. I so enjoyed driving across Hoover Dam into Arizona. Of course Grand Canyon was so magnificent to see and knew why so many people visited every single year. Everyone that has the opportunity should visit the Grand Canyon at the very least and Hoover Dam if you have the chance.

I enjoyed Las Vegas as well but I would choose Grand Canyon over Vegas if I had a time limit to travel. I really liked looking down in the Grand Canyon and seeing people riding donkeys. I hope that next time that I go to the Grand Canyon I will be able to ride a donkey myself.

Like Scott and Judi I hope to visit all forty-eight states. I have been to most of the east coast but not the mid-west. I look forward to writing about my adventure and taking pictures.

I have been to Arizona twice however the second time which was four years ago I spent in Peoria at my cousin’s place. We spent every day going to see the Mariner’s in spring training. Also did some hiking and went to the Phoenix Zoo. Certainly different than seeing the Pt. Defiance Zoo in Tacoma, Washington; all the animals in Phoenix were outside while Pt. Defiance has inside well as outside exhibitions. I enjoy both of them in their own way.

I really enjoyed going to spring training since I am a big baseball fan however it is nice to see other sites in Phoenix as well. Going out in the desert made me think of television shows like the Lone Ranger where the Indians now better known as Native Americans attack the white man. Jokingly I kept my eyes open to be sure I would not be attacked myself.

Always good to remember memories of trips been on whether with family or by myself. I haven’t been back to California or Nevada since but I look forward to a return trip in both places as well. In baseball or football I say either Go Mariners or Go Hawks in this case I will say Go Traveling!

No comments:

Post a Comment