Saturday, March 18, 2017

At The Ocean


                                      Clam diggers on the Washington Coast what a memory



I am not sure about a lot of people however I am sure there have been others who have felt or had similar experience as I have going to the ocean.

As a young person before my teenage years when my family would go to the ocean I thought that God’s spirit or maybe he lived or spent time there. I did not know him at that age other than he was the one that created me and every other human. It wasn’t just the ocean I felt the same when going to the mountains as well.

I am not sure whether my feelings were because there was some awesome about the ocean and the mountains but there was a difference that I felt than living my life in Gig Harbor, Washington. There was something about roaring waves or when it was quiet. Nothing that was the same in my regular daily life and it seemed that I could talk to God in either place. The only other times were in my bed ready to go to sleep. Now that I am older I still feel that those times were special to me.

The Pacific Ocean on the Washington Coast was about two and half hours to drive by car. I remember the first time when my parents, brothers and I went to the ocean. We dug for clams and then cooked them at fire place. I enjoyed so much going after the clams. I wasn’t a big fan in eating clams but since I felt that digging them gave me excitement I had to eat them too.

Another experience going to the ocean that I remember was when my Boy Scout troop took one of our fifty mile hikes in August the end was right there at the ocean. Most of the hike was through the Olympic Mountains however seeing the ocean was a thrill in a couple ways. I knew the hike was at its end and I would hear the spirit of God hoping to words from him. At that point I was at the end of a tired hike and my feet were aching too. I was so happy not to take another step and seeing my mother along with other parents picking us up to return home.  I still wondered why I would go on those hiking trips other than I was with close friends. It meant to that summer was almost over and time to get back to school. Still nothing better than going to the ocean unless it is visiting the mountains too.   


No comments:

Post a Comment