Sunday, March 5, 2017

Being Thoughtful


In the world today it doesn’t seem a lot of people are thoughtful like they used to be. Actually the world is a lot different than twenty or thirty years ago.

It was not a perfect world by any imagination back in the eighties or nineties but how people acted seems to have changed in my mind or at the very least they didn’t share that way then anyway. Of course now we have social media and so many feel they can say whatever they want.

I believe it is still important to be kind and thoughtful. I try not to say what I think sometimes though occasionally it does happen. You may be surprised but even I am not perfect. Ha-ha.

I don’t like it when others swear though I have heard every swear word. I believe people should have a better vocabulary than what they use a lot.  I can say the same thing about some commercials that are shown on television too.  I know that they are trying to sell a product however showing them when children are present isn’t a good idea in my mind however I am sure that isn’t ever going to change.  At least I knew what the words meant and they were not appropriate at times but I think now some people don’t feel that way anymore.

I have mentioned before that here in the USA we have freedom of speech however it doesn’t give us a license to say whatever we want to. A lot of what we can say we can do but we must realize that we can pay the consequences. We may not be put in jail however we may lose a job or at the very least not get a job. Often employers will look at those they are considering hiring and won’t do so if they don’t like what they saying. There is a possibility that the one who is trying to be hired will ever know but that is what’s happening at times. In some ways think before you swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment