Friday, March 24, 2017

The Season of Lent





Many Christians during Lent decide to give up something like possibly a type of food or not watching television.

What I see the benefit is what you receive more than what you give up. The importance of Lent is to spend more time with God whether it is praying or reading more of the Bible. Also remembering what the season is leading to the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ. What most people know whether Christian or not and that is Easter.

Personally I am trying to add and remove things in my life all year long however I think it is a good thing that Christians are doing something to help change their lives whether it is for the Lent season or for the rest of their lives.

On Thursday March 23 I went to a physical therapist because my body in many places seems to be falling apart. The therapist gave me several stretching exercises to do. I will be seeing her for a few weeks to see how things work out. I figure though these exercises I will do the rest of my life. The key is to continue on and never let up. I don’t want to be someone who walks or feels bad in my mid-seventies into eighties. My mother feels pretty good other than a few aliments in here nineties.

I want so much to keep a very simple lifestyle for the rest of my life that keeps me healthy so I can encourage others whether they are young or old. I will do the same with my mind as well as my body. It is a reason that it is important to meditate on a regular basis as well. We should be responsible with what we do as much as we can. Of course circumstances happen where it is hard to do though however whatever I can control I will. Many blessings to everyone and enjoy this time of the year. Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment