Sunday, April 9, 2017

Being Family

I have been blessed being born into a good family but I do know that not everyone is so lucky. If you are someone that wasn’t as blessed as I have there are alternatives.
I know that many young people become part of gangs and they are their families. The alternatives I am speaking about are friends and church along with other organizations. I don’t see my siblings very often though I do talk on the phone some. My church is more family to me in many ways these days. Also I can say the same for friends and classmates. Although I don’t see classmates very often when I do I feel very good about it.  
It is important I believe that we spend as much time with those we feel comfortable around. We can consider them our family. It doesn’t take away from our natural family it adds to it. The more family we have the better off we are. Loving people is the greatest gift we have and to share our time with will be special to each of us. We don’t know how long any of us will be around so those we love being together is a gift to all of us.
If you have little time spent with your natural family I would try to get into contact with them. Even though life may have been difficult growing up they are still family. I am sure you will regret it if they die without reconciliation. It is important to forgive and move on to more happiness and love.
My father and older brother are no longer in this world. I miss and think about them a lot. I would love to have them with me anytime however they are in my heart. I look to the day that I can see them face to face once again. Let your life shine in the family you were given. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment