Tuesday, May 2, 2017

I Don’t Understand


                                               Violent Protestors in Seattle Washington


I used to enjoy May Day with those who like putting flowers out and a parade. Now things have changed where there is protesting going on. I don’t mind protesting because it is constitutional if it is done peacefully however here in the Pacific Northwest there is hatred and violence.

During the day time the marches seemed to be peaceful in most cases however when the time gets into the evening this is when the violence starts happening. The three major places for the violence were in Seattle and Olympia Washington (the state capital) along with Portland Oregon. Actually Portland was the most violent where at least twenty-five people were arrested. I am not sure about Seattle and Olympia because there were no reports of arrests. In Olympia there were smashing and throwing damaging windows of businesses. It doesn’t make any sense to me because nothing was really stated what the protesting was about. Last year people came into Seattle from outside of the state to do the protesting and I am sure this year no different. I watched a little of the protesting through video on social media by one of the local TV stations. I saw what was happening with the throwing in Olympia. Those doing the action were wearing black masks and clothing so they could not be recognized. Sounds pretty chicken to me at the very least anyway and there were several young people that were recognizable who were videotaping on their smart phones. They were walking and not being involved in the damaging just showing those who were do it.

Although peaceful protesting is constitutional I am more into being someone who wants to give myself to a cause and not protesting what I don’t believe in. Other words speak up for my beliefs. The best way I see it is encouraging others in love and peace not hatred.

The United States of America is not perfect however I see it still a great nation.   I don’t really understand what these people were protesting. In my mind change the world in your way or go somewhere else. In the mean time I will do the best I can do. I hope that you feel the same.  


No comments:

Post a Comment