Sunday, June 18, 2017

Happy Father’s Day


                                   My Father and his four proud children with me in the middle!




I start out saying Happy Father’s Day to you awesome men.

There is not a bigger responsibility than being a Father. He is the head of the household who should love his wife and children. The sad part not all families have Father’s.

I feel for those families where there is no father and the father’s that have no family to be with on a regular basis. It is bad that not all families have father and mother around. I feel for either father or mothers who have to raise their children on their own. This is where other family members have to step in. In many occasions there are parents, aunts and uncles who do their part. The major deal is that the children know that they are loved and that there are those who will be with them at any time.

My father passed away June 11, 1993 so he has been gone for some time. I still think about him every day. Although I have been adult all these years it would still be nice if he were around. He wasn’t the perfect father who is however he did coach my little league team one year and took me to some professional baseball games though he wasn’t a big fan himself. He knew that I had the love of the game and wanted to experience that with me. My younger brother he used to go to his wrestling matches. It meant a lot to both of us.

The most important thing about my father he was there any time I needed him. Although I am not a junior I do have the privilege to carry on his name. My nephew Danny his middle name is Herbert after my father and me so he carries the name forward as well. Danny was born after the death of my father so he only has the chance to be told about him. He was a father who took his responsibility of one very serious and did a good job. Miss you dad!

So today we honor all you wonderful father’s where you are here or not. Cheers and a toast to you all. Enjoy your day that is meant only for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment