Saturday, June 10, 2017

June Means Rain





Here in the Pacific Northwest we don’t have as much rain as in other months however I have always considered it a raining month. Actually the rain falls more in the first half of the month than the second half. This is the reason we say that summer doesn’t begin until after 4th of July (Independence Day).

Although we do get rain in June the sun does come out some of the time as well. For instance the sun is out right now though it is expected to rain today as well. I usually go for my walk when the sun is out or at least when it isn’t raining.

Another reason that it seems to rain in June is that we have a lot of cloudy days. Actually it is the reason that people think it rains here more than it does. So there are days and I expect today to be one of them where the sun starts out then the clouds come in and then it rains. Days like this happen a lot. So there is a saying around here wait five minutes and the weather will change again. This is a very true statement indeed.

Despite the uncertainty of the weather there are few other places I would want to live than in the Pacific Northwest.  The rain is the reason the grass is green most of the time while the sun allows us to have beautiful flowers and leaves.

I would have to say our lives or a better way to say our moods can be like the weather where it changes every five minutes. This is OK as long as we don’t go crazy in the meantime.

We have a lot of weddings in June around here which is sort of surprising since the weather can change anytime. I would book an indoor wedding however most couples still prefer outdoors. Like I say the weather can change and it will so have a backup plan for a wedding.

If you like to visit the Pacific Northwest June is a nice month to come just expect the unexpected. I remember to being let out of school in June and it is raining while September going back to school and the sun is out. It would be nice if school started late September or October and run through June however I am going to enjoy the weather whatever it does. About time I go for my walk before rain dumps on me. Enjoy your wonderful weekend and stop by here sometime.


No comments:

Post a Comment