Tuesday, July 25, 2017

As Many Answers as Questions





You will find that there are a lot of sites that write about life and purpose like I do. They will have as many answers if not more than questions.  They will come all different extremes and angles.  Some will be religious in nature similar to mine while others will be natural or psychologically. In any of the cases the answers along with the questions may be the same.

On Sunday when I went to church my senior pastor Mike Riches of Harborview Fellowship in Gig Harbor did his sermon on “our personal calling”.  He first talked about his dog who is a Jack Russell knows exactly what his calling in life is and does it very well. He has no doubt what that calling is and he isn’t happy when he isn’t doing it. Very interesting way to look at what our calling and Pastor Riches talked about seven questions we should ask ourselves about our calling. As Christians we all have the same general calling however our personal calling is separate from others.

I found two questions being very profound so they are the two I am going to mention and you can think about them in your life. The first question is “what are you passionate about” and the second is “what are your talents and gifts”. Of course I have mentioned the talents and gifts before.

After church while I was grocery shopping I saw a woman who is a clerk at the store. She actually was shopping Sunday and not working. I asked her these two questions which she responded by thanking me. She had been thinking about this recently because her children are now grown up and not living at home so what is her calling in life now?

I have been going over and over again in my head about these two questions. I am sure in the future I will think about the other five Pastor Riches and possibly more though I believe these are the two most important to think and answer. I am passionate about writing and talking with people encouraging them in life. Also I am passionate about sports. My talents and gifting’s are in teaching and speaking to others along with having a good sense of humor. I am sure there are more which I will think more about. My personal calling is to be a teacher and an Evangelist. Someone a few months ago said that writing this blog in a way I am doing both teaching and evangelizing. I can say that in a way that I am.

We are all on a journey to discover more about ourselves every day. We will find these talents and gifting’s along the way. We are to share these talents and gifts with as many people as we can. What the people do with it is really not of our concern. Other words I share what I feel is important to you and what you do with it is your concern. I hope that you learn every day and that you become the person that you ought to. This is the job I have and not judge you whether you accept or not. Until next time God bless you.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment