Sunday, July 16, 2017

Seeing Old Friends


On Saturday I went to the annual art’s festival in Gig Harbor. It takes place on a Saturday and Sunday in July. A couple my old friends mentioned on social media they were taking part in the festival so I wanted to see them and catch up. There was a third old friend that took part that I didn’t know about. Also when I was leaving I saw another old friend who was attending the festival as well.

Although they are not part of your everyday life any longer it is always great to see old friends and catch up with them. It is like going to a reunion. What makes it so special about old friends they are always in your heart. They knew you way before your current friends and they feel part of your family.

I know that everyone I meet though it could be just once find a place in my heart. Some I may have never talked to or I have for a moment. The most common places I meet others is at the coffee shop or grocery store or when I am walking on a trail or downtown Gig Harbor. In fact my friend who I saw on my way out of the festival told me he sees me often when I am walking. I find that out later by friends who see me walking while driving. In some instances I get a wave or a honk.

Remember to think fondly of your friends even the ones that you don’t see very often any more. They are special to you and in your heart. When you have the chance pick up a phone and call them or send a message. Let them know that you are thinking of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment