Friday, July 21, 2017

Sun Breaks


                                               Always great to see Mt. Rainier everyday!



I guess that I am mentioning rain more than sunshine in this case. Here in the northwest we haven’t had rain for over a month. It is not a big surprise because July usually is the best month of the year.

I recommend if you want to come for a visit July is the best time followed by September when children are back in school. We do get a little more in September but that is usually in the late part of the month. Raining season doesn’t start until October.

Being on the water or walking on the waterfront of most cities here is the way to go. There are places that you can rent kayaks or boats. Another good reason to come in September going to the San Juan Islands is easier to do because the ferries are pretty busy in July and August. Also going to the Space Needle in Seattle is not as crowded either.

There are many places in the northwest to go hiking or riding on bikes as well. Visiting the Pacific Ocean in Washington and Oregon can be enjoyable before the rain starts.

I do hope that we can get a little rain here for a day or two. It doesn’t have to be much just some late at night or early morning. Even when the weather is cloudy in the mornings the sun comes out in the afternoon. The temperatures have been in the high 70s to mid-80s. The next week the same weather has been forecasted. I am more of a 70s guy myself though an occasional 80s is fine as well. What I don’t like is having to be at a light in traffic for two or three minutes. The sun is shining bright in my face however can’t have everything I guess.

Oh yes I can’t forget there are lakes around the northwest that you can visit as well. We have more than mountains and islands here. Whatever you decide the northwest is a good place to have a good time.


No comments:

Post a Comment