Thursday, September 28, 2017

Being Kind




  In our times it seems that people are becoming less kind. Like I said in my last post that we hear where the minority sound like the majority because they are so loud. I still have to believe that most people are kind.

I know that there are those that are rude however my experience is that it doesn’t happen on a regular basis. Of course I live in a small town so I don’t see as many people as I would if I were living in a bigger city. My experience is that in big cities people are moving at a faster pace than they do in my town of Gig Harbor. I can go to nearby Tacoma which is less than ten miles away and see the difference. When I drive to Seattle I see how some drive in and out of lanes so I have to keep my eyes open more. Of course this is when traffic isn’t heavy like during rush hours.

Where I hear more about people being rude is in the social media. I am sure everyone has experienced that and had to defriend those they have been close to. If you are part of any group like I am there are those who have very limited vocabulary because they enjoy using the f word a lot. Personally I think people can get their point across without the f word. My nephew Ken told me once it is used for effect. He may be right but the effect is used too often. Often I will stop and not read any further those who choose to use the limited vocabulary they have.

So it comes back to us being kind to others. This is especially true of those who are not kind to us and  these days so many have strong opinions especially about politics and now the whole thing about the National Anthem they speak with rudeness in a way they never did before.

My opinion is that people have to tone things done though I know they likely won’t. Also I don’t care whether anyone agrees with me or not. At least those who I get into contact on a regular basis that is. I still believe my purpose in life is to encourage others in the way they should go and I won’t stop doing that for sure.

I appreciate all of you who read my posts even if you don’t agree with me all the time. Have yourself a wonderful day and that your life is doing well. I pray that when you are going through tough times that you make it through the other side. Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment