Monday, September 11, 2017

Want To Be




Today is the 16th anniversary of what is known as 9/11 when the towers went down in New York; a plane was attacked, taken down in Pennsylvania where the passengers were heroes and the Pentagon. It was the day terrorist attacks became reality and the day no American will forget.

So my question today is what you want to be. Are you at that place or are you working at it? We must strive to be the best person we can be. Make the difference like those who perished on Sept. 11 2001.

Recently we realized that USA still has problems regarding how we treat all Americans because of their color. Regardless of who we are it is important to treat each other as equals even if we don’t have the same belief system. I know that not everyone believes the same as I do. In fact I would say that most do not however I must still respect them despite our differences. It is my purpose in this life to let others know the truth and that they can be set free.

So the question every day who are you and where are you headed for; do you plan to live an easy life or make a difference. The reason you were created for this time. I know that I am not totally there when it comes to answering the question however I am closer today than I was yesterday.

When we were given our names it was for a purpose as well. We may not know that or think that it has any meaning however I believe it does. My first name Herbert means “glorious soldier” and my middle name Norman comes from the people of Norman’s who were warriors. So you see believing this means that I am a warrior and it is very fitting for this day. I may not fight on the battle field where a war may happen however I am a fighter on the battle field of life. I will fight to the finish line to give justice and encouragement to everyone I meet. So be the person you are meant to be. Press on toward the mark until you have crossed the finish line. Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment