Sunday, October 15, 2017

Reflection


                                          Like looking in the mirror for sure



We all have memories that we remember over time and they are ones that made an impact on our lives. Reflections often are taking those memories and decide why they are important to us.

I go back only a month ago when my sister and brother were visiting my mother and I. It was important because they came around our mother’s birthday. She turned 97 years old and none of us how much more time she has left. Currently she is in pretty good health however we never know how that could change in a hurry.

I wrote one of my popular posts about us going to the Hoh River Rain Forest. It took us about five hours with three stops including having lunch in Aberdeen Washington. We spent about an hour and a half at the Hoh River. We did the trip all in one long day. This trip would be best to do in two days however our time was limited because of church on Sunday.

During the trip because the drive was so long we had a lot of time to reflect and remember the past along with present time. We even discussed what we may do the next time they come to visit.

My sister’s oldest son Ken posted on social media that he may be coming out here possibly in January or February from Montreal, Quebec Canada. I haven’t seen him in about five years though I do know some of what he has done because of social media. Also during our drive my sister talked about him and her younger son Connor. I know look back at the memories of spending time with Ken and Connor. Most of the time was spent when they were young living in Port Moody British Columbia before heading to Quebec. I have seen them a couple times in Quebec as well and a couple times when they visited here too. Ken and Connor though I haven’t seen them together since they were kids.

Reflection can be a very good tool for us all. Allows us to remember the good and the bad; we can learn a lot through reflections. Often the bad over rules the good so we have to reflect on the good as well. I expect that we feel better knowing the good because often we can feel wronged with the bad. Anyway something to think about for sure and our lives will be happier and stronger for reflections.  


No comments:

Post a Comment