Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Tragedy


I am sure many have heard about the tragedy with the mass shooting the largest in modern US history in Las Vegas Nevada. I am not here to give my opinion other than something must be done because what is the point of it anyway. Also I won’t be reading on social media what people think about it either. Why because it is like politics I am sure that I wouldn’t change anyone’s mind anyway.

I have a lot of friends that are pro guns so I always ready know what they will say. I am not sure who or how many that I know that anti guns. I don’t have a gun myself and if I did it would likely be used for target practice because I would never go hunting and that would be the only reason for me. I don’t see having a gun to protect myself.

The only reason that I am even writing and posting about this is that we need to encourage each other not to have fear. Also the laws have to change who and the circumstances someone has a gun. I know where my friends who are pro guns will say to this so I will not go further on that other than what is the answer?  What upsets me is the pro-gun people don’t have an answer other than we have the constitutional right to have guns. That’s fine however who shouldn’t have a gun. This is where a debate would happen so nothing more on that for sure and the major reason I wouldn’t read the social media about it.

Monday night I watched a national news program on the Canadian channel for another perspective. They were pretty sure that most Canadians don’t understand our laws concerning guns which are understandable to me. I heard them interview a young woman who was at the concert and how she had to run from the scene. She actually saw people dead when trying to avoid being shot herself. They interviewed a man that was in the same hotel as the shooter to. His life I could tell changed that night as well as the young lady.

One thing I know is that likely the laws about guns wouldn’t change and no knew answers when the next one happens. I would not be surprised either if the next tragedy happens in a few days. I am sure some crazy person is already planning his or her shooting or bombing. This doesn’t count the terrorist groups that will want to take advantage of this while the USA is vulnerable. Again my encouragement is not to be fearful. Is there really anything we can do anyway? Thanks for ready this and may peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment