Wednesday, November 22, 2017

An Open Book




Being a writer whether it is writing a blog like this or a book we are an open book. I feel that we all should be open books.

It doesn’t mean that we have to share all our dirty secrets however showing others who we truly are helps.

I amazed that I am able to write a blog and that others like you enjoy reading it. You see I didn’t start talking until I was five years old. I had a problem with my hearing up until then. Although I talked in my own way no one except my older brother understood what I said.

I had problems reading and writing until tenth grade. During summer school before entering tenth grade I took a speed reading course that jumped my reading level from fifth grade to twelve grade in three weeks. I know that sounds impossible in ways but that is what happened with me. The speed reading course made me click into another gear you could say. The last time I was tested for my reading level was about twenty years ago and I tested at junior year of college.

I remember during high school I took a creative writing class. I am not sure how well I did in the class however it gave me the juices to further explore writing down the road. It doesn’t hurt that writing has been in my father’s line for several generations as well. My brother Jack wrote a book for the medical on how insurance should work for the insurer, employer and the employees. Right now he is in the process of updating the book with new material. His son Ian has done a lot of writing including publishing a book and another son Robby wrote a book but I am not sure if it was published. My cousin Jennifer recently finished writing a story with over two hundred pages. I hope that she plans to have it published. I have encouraged her to start a blog as well.

You don’t necessarily have to be a writer yourself however being an open book for others to read is a good idea. You have a lot to offer for others to see. In fact they are already reading you however they may not be able to understand you. Remember you still don’t have to give out your secrets. Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment