Thursday, November 2, 2017

Having Joy




On my last post I wrote about disappointment with frustration I guess for what is going on in my home town of Gig Harbor. Unfortunately it is happening in other areas of the country and the world.

The important thing though despite circumstances we have joy in our lives. We can go crazy in a way if we allow circumstances to control us. Of course at times it is hard to do anything different depending on what is happening in our lives.

So this comes down to joy. Like love, peace, trust, faith and other emotions we have the choice to accept or refuse them. At times we may feel that we can’t accept these emotions that are contrary to how we are feeling but it still comes to our choice. All these positive emotions are what can help us move on in life or depression can set in and lead us down a horrible path. I know that because I have been down the depression path at times. I feel so much better when I snap out of it.

I know that depression can be a sickness for some however I never felt it that way for me. In my life I allowed to have circumstances direct me to the wrong path. I am sure professionals may say that all depression is a sickness but I don’t believe that. Actually I believe that much depression has to do with the fact we are in a spiritual battle and we must ask God to help us fight to overcome. It doesn’t mean that I believe there is depression that is not sickness but professionals have no other way to explain because they look at the natural and not the supernatural. I am probably getting a bit off base here but at some point we have to rely on the positive emotions like joy and choice to follow them. Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment