Sunday, November 12, 2017

Northwest Traveling


I am sure most of the country is like the Pacific Northwest they like to travel in November. Right now we are in the midst of rain for a solid week. I have been fortunate that when I go out for my walking it isn’t raining or a light rain. Even when it isn’t raining it is very cloudy outside.

Besides Thanksgiving coming up in an about ten days there are many here in the northwest hit the friendly skies or travel by car as well. Many of the retirees here go down to their home in Arizona or Southern California until March or April. Others who take their vacation head to Hawaii. Other words they want to go where the sun is shining.

I have to say that I enjoy the rain most of the time though after a week or so I want to see the sun come out for a little while even if it is for a few hours. I have in the past traveled around Thanksgiving seeing my brother and his family when he lived in St. Louis Missouri. I was there a couple times during Christmas as well and visited them when they lived in Minnesota as well. It is nice to see snow in the winter time. This year we are expecting more snow than for the average year. I am looking forward to it though most people here would rather not. I am sure the children would like to see the snow.

A very popular spot to go in Washington State in November and December is Leavenworth. It is situated right about the middle of the state. They usually have snow and the town looks like you have visited Germany. You can find restaurants in Leavenworth that serve German food. So if you are looking for a destination to visit especially in Washington State Leavenworth is a great spot to come. I was there one year in early December when they were decorating the whole town for Christmas and another year my family spent Christmas in Leavenworth. Nice to have a spot where can celebrate a White Christmas.

 
Leavenworth Washington in December
 
 
 
In my home town of Gig Harbor Washington we have never had a White Christmas. The closest to having snow for Christmas one year I remember having snow on December 26. I thought only if it were one day earlier. Of course I enjoyed the snow anyway.

So I want to wish everyone a great Thanksgiving and holiday season. Safe travels for all of you who are going somewhere during this season; may you have joy and peace as well. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment