Thursday, December 14, 2017

Being a Good Person


 Most of us want to be a good person. Being the human being we are we fail a lot of the time. Some may say what do you mean I am always a good person. Are you really? If you are swearing or telling a dirty joke you are not being a good person. I am not writing this to condemn anyone it is the opposite.

For most of the religions the members have to strive to be good. You gain brownie points as I would call it being good. In fact the more good things you do the higher place you will find yourself in heaven. My belief is that we are not good at least some of the time. Being a Christian means that I do good things because I want to and not to gain brownie points. I won’t always do good because it is against our nature. Although I want to do good often I won’t. This is why Christianity is different than the other religions. I don’t have to strive or in another way pretend to be good. The reason I am good or in another way righteous is because Jesus Christ is righteous. I may fail to be good all the time however I am still loved and accepted by him. All I have to do is tell him that I am sorry. It is great freedom because I don’t have to earn brownie points to get into heaven.

So if you are striving to be good however feel condemned come to Christ who wants to love you and not to condemn you. He wants to forgive you all the wrongs that you do even when trying to be good. I really hope this is helpful to you. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment