Sunday, December 10, 2017

Letter to the Hurting




Hello I know this time of the year represents joy and I am sorry that you don’t feel that way yourself. This week three people I know have died and I can’t imagine how their families feel. This time of the year will never seem to be same because loss of a loved one who won’t be at Christmas dinner again. I know that the circumstances are different for you but the results are the same the lack of joy because you are hurting. I can relate to you and those who have lost someone. Although I didn’t lose anyone this time of the year I still don’t have them here at Christmas. The dinner table isn’t the same anymore. I try to make the best of Christmas however joy is hard to come by. I am not writing you for a solution other than choose to be happy. The hurting often makes us forget things and it is important to think of those who are no longer with us. How would they feel knowing we are not happy at Christmas time and another thing let us remember those Christmases when they were with us. The most important thing is that we haven’t forgotten them because they are in our hearts every day that we live and they are part of who we are just like those who are still with us. I am not telling you this just so you don’t hurt any longer I am doing for myself as well. So today let’s choose to overcome the hurting we feel right now and join in with all the others celebrating joy. Thank you so much for reading my letter to you and have yourself a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Sincerely Herb Nightingale


No comments:

Post a Comment