Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Technology





Ever since the beginning of mankind technology has evolved. I am sure nothing like it is today when technology continues to change on a daily basis it seems.

Computers and cellphones make up a big part of our lives today.  Sometimes I wonder what we did before there was either one of them. Before the internet we had to look things up in a whole different way. Everything was written down on paper for people to check out. Now paper is used primarily to print what you have found or sent from another person or business. My mother doesn’t go on the internet and I have to check her email. If it is important enough I print it out for her to see otherwise I will tell her.

The media has changed and I wonder what it will be like in the next five years. I figure most television programs will be lived streamed. Television, radio and the newspaper all do live programs almost all the time through social media. Even we can as normal citizens live stream as well. Personally I enjoy writing doing this blog each day however there could be a time where I will have to do so through video.

The church I go to in my home town of Gig Harbor live stream the service each Sunday so those in other parts of the country and world can see the service. The cost is so minimal with using a camera or two or even using a smart phone if you prefer depending on the quality you want to see. Actually it is quite amazing the quality that comes through on a smart phone. So if I travel or I am home sick I can view the service live. The church also records the messages or what is common known as sermons where you can watch or listen to them at any time. The church has classes on Tuesday night where they can be seen live or recorded as well. In five years we will have more technology that will blow our minds I am sure.

The newspaper business especially in printed form is becoming more obsolete. The local daily newspapers here are much smaller now being sent out primarily because most people go on line to view the stories. News we can see or hear about just seconds after it has happened. We can see reporters on the seen before any morning, noon or evening broadcast. The printed newspaper the news is so outdated when it shows. I do read the printed paper myself sometimes in the morning to read the sports and comics primarily. I scan the front page to see what the top stories are however most of them I have already heard about but I like seeing more in detail. Depending on the time I have I often read the stories on line as well. I have social media where I find the link to the story quicker instead of going to the website to scan. I am sure in five years there won’t be any printed paper any longer.

What I like about the whole internet and social media is that I can make a difference in others life by encouraging them like through this blog. Also I have a group that I send daily scriptures that will encourage family and friends. There are some in the group that I don’t know because family and friends have added them to the group which is fine with me. I call the group “edify” I figure it is really appropriate in what I post.

I am sure in 2018 we will see more technology then what we have right now. Most important it will be easier to access than ever before. Remember to enjoy the real world where we are in contact with others besides being on line all the time. I have been writing this blog on a desktop however last week I got a lap top and can wifi now as well. So I may write more often on this blog. I will try to write smaller posts. This one seems to be longer than most. I guess you could say I have a lot to say today. Many blessings while we look forward to the new year.


No comments:

Post a Comment