Sunday, January 28, 2018

Good Times

 
 
 

I know it isn’t easy when things are not going so well in our lives or others that we are mentoring or encouraging to remember the good times.

The good times can help think more positive when things are not going so well. These times can be when we were children or when we had children or our grandchildren. Whatever the case the good times let’s life be so much easier to handle.

Actually I hope that we are all in the good times right now however I do know it is not true for everyone. When we are able to encourage others who are going through tough times it can help us as well. In fact if we are going through times helping others is a good thing as well. The importance is to get things off of ourselves and onto others.

I have been through times where depression really put me into dark places. I wasn’t sure what to do in those times but now if depression even comes to knock on my door I start thinking good times and about helping other people. Depression brings along self-pity which is never a good thing. This is the reason that many people take their own lives because they feel there is no way out and they are tired of it all. This is a good reason to be around others as often as possible. I have felt uncomfortable being in large groups because my thoughts go toward self-pity. What I try to do in these situations is to find a small group of people that I know to be with. Large groups do have small groups within them and I am OK being in small groups. Whatever you can do to feel better when you are uncomfortable in any situation do it. Over time things will get better I know from experience. It doesn’t mean that you won’t stop being depressed or uncomfortable at times but life will be easier and again think about all the good times that you have had.

No comments:

Post a Comment