Saturday, January 27, 2018

Let Us Understand


About a month ago I learned and posted that a school mate her granddaughter was diagnosed with brain cancer. She had brain cancer as a one year old however it came back again. I asked that people who pray for a miracle unfortunately I heard that she died yesterday morning. It is very heavy on my heart because she was only ten years old, beautiful and a sweetheart. Of course you can understand that her family, friends and the community she lived in are heartsick and devastated. You figure it was just after Christmas they got the news that she got brain cancer. A lot of people around the world were praying for her. Besides her parents, grandparents she left behind a little sister who will not understand why she got sick and is gone now.  

I am sure most of us don’t understand either why someone so young die. We can doubt God in his love. We all have known someone who died so young or a teenager or an adult before their time. I lost my older brother in his thirties and last year a cousin in her sixties. I can even name friends and classmates who died prematurely as well. I don’t have the answer like anyone else. The only thing I can think is that God wanted them more than we do. Also I mentioned before that I almost died at four years from being burned on my chest. It was a miracle that the burn didn’t go to my face along with staying alive after being in the hospital for twelve weeks. Why did I survive to live this long while others didn’t. I don’t have the answer to that either.

We can doubt that our faith wasn’t enough or feel guilty that we didn’t pray enough. We can reason that we were too busy as well. There is no point to that either. All we can learn is to be better next time. Right now I have a little cold so what came to my mind besides praying out loud we can pray with our minds. I find out that a bit difficult because other things come into our minds as well however we can get back on track in our minds. Whatever we do let’s find the time to pray for others this is especially our children and our grandchildren that God would keep them safe and healthy Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment