Sunday, January 7, 2018

Happy Birthday Sis





Today is January 7th so that means in my family it is my sister Barb’s birthday. So I want to wish her a happy birthday.

I haven’t seen her for a while on her birthday since she lives in Gatineau, Quebec Canada. It is only a few miles from Ottawa, Ontario the national capital of Canada where she works. This year she plans to retire. I am not sure exactly when however I expect at the end of the year. She is a paralegal so I am sure she will have to train someone to take over her duties. She has been a paralegal for something like twenty-five years. Part of her job is mentoring other paralegals so I am sure the training for her replacement will go over smooth. She really enjoys the work so it won’t be easy for her to retire however I am sure looks forward to spending more time on other activities she is involved in. Another plus she comes back to Gig Harbor she visit mother and I every year so it will be nice for her to extend her visit.

This last September she and our brother Jack came for a visit to celebrate Mother’s birthday. We spent one long day traveling to the Hoh River. You can read that blog and it is actually the most read of any of my blogs. That area in the Olympic Mountains is very beautiful so I recommend visiting when you come to the Seattle Washington area.

Barb is eight and a half years older than me so I only remember her mainly as an adult. I do remember a few things and they are vague her being a teenager. She went to college at University of Oregon in Eugene for her bachelor’s degree in political science. She then went on to going after her master’s degree in history at University of Puget Sound in nearby Tacoma Washington. This is where she met her husband Bob who she married just before I graduated from high school. After a short period of time Barb and Bob moved to Vancouver, British Columbia are for Bob to take a job. There they had two sons Ken and Connor then they moved to Gatineau, Quebec when the boys were young. Bob took a job in Ottawa when they moved there.  Barb took a job with the law firm she still works for when Bob’s health wouldn’t allow him to work full-time. It was sad when Bob passed away seven and half years ago. He was the love of Barb’s life. She fortunately has friends that have helped her out along with the job she enjoys as well. Her son Connor lives in Ottawa so he is close by and tomorrow is his birthday. Ken lives in Montreal so about a two hour drive and he frequently visits on holidays. His birthday actually comes a little later in January as well. Actually he will be taking a trip to Paris France for the first time around his birthday and he plans to come out here for a visit to see us in March or April. We haven’t seen either him or Connor out here for a few years. That is a hint for you to Connor. LOL

Anyway again Barb have a wonderful and blessed birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment