Thursday, January 25, 2018

It’s OK


This morning when I woke up I wasn’t sure what to write about like most mornings. It hit me though it’s ok to be ourselves. What I mean by that is when we were kids often we compromised because we wanted to be accepted by others. Other words we wanted our peers to like us. It happens with adults once in a while as well but most of us have grown up to know better. I am sure all of us got told by our parents that we did was wrong because we did something that wasn’t right and wasn’t us either. So the important thing is that we are OK by being our self no matter what anyone else thinks. If we are not liked for that the problem is on the other end. Most likely they are not worth our time of day. We can accept them for being who they are but not likely us is fine.

In some local news Pt. Defiance Zoo and Aquarium officials announced that they were going to put in a runabout into their entrance. Not a big deal in my mind and many places would not even be news however many people here don’t like runabouts. I guess they get all confused when to go or not. I had my first experience driving in Paris France. I had a good time doing so and that it was good thing to have. I especially like the fact that if I made a mistake where I wanted to go the runabout got me back to where I was with little trouble. I figured though if I can drive in Paris with runabouts I can anywhere. I would not say the same for many drivers here though.

In North Gig Harbor they put in runabouts when the area was first developed about ten years. People complained then however more so now because the traffic is heavier. They probably have a beef going with runabouts instead of lights but I like the fact that I don’t have to stop except for a moment if I have too. About five years ago on Pt. Fosdick drive which is closer to where I live they installed a runabout. The reason there was that traffic was getting heavier and the officials wanted to have the traffic flow without needing to put in a stop light. It isn’t nearly as busy as North Gig Harbor and all I have to do is yield for a moment most of the time instead of having to stop. I expect that I am among the minority that feels that way or maybe there is just a silent majority.

Anyway this my time here right now. I hope you are all having a good day and able to let your purpose flourish today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment