Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Not Being Disappointing


One of the greatest fears many of us have is being a disappointment to our family and friends. In fact I would have to say that for some it can get to the state of being paranoid.

Often we can look what others have accomplished and we can think to ourselves that there is no way we can measure up. In some way that is true however we have a lot to offer others as well. This is the reason we were created as unique individuals. There is no one who is like me or you. We all resemble one or both of our looks from our parents and our personality works that way too. My mother has told me that my sense of humor comes from her father and my nephew Ian has the love of humor like me to however both Ian and I have other traits that we get from both sides of the family. Many of us give balance to our family. You may think boy I don’t act anything like the rest of the family and the reason is to give balance. It is best that not everyone is the same even in families.

Disappointment does sound negative however there is a positive side as well. It allows you to discover and become the person you are meant to be however don’t let it drive you away from your family and friends. Instead let your uniqueness and gifting’s come out to benefit others. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment