Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Being a Teacher





I am sure we have memories of teachers we had whether good or bad. The good ones of course helped make us who we are today and the bad ones well we can just leave it at that.

Whether we think we are a good teacher or a bad one we are actually all teachers whether we call ourselves one or not; for one thing we teach ourselves in one manner or another. Even if we are not a mentor for anyone we are teaching someone something just by our actions.

Every day I go to the coffee shop or grocery store or both. I either look or communicate with other people whether they are friends, acquaintances, or someone I just met. I learn something from each one that I meet. They may not realize it but I do learn something from them. In the same way that I look at others I know that others are looking at me too. So I hope that they are learning something positive and encouraging even if we don’t say a word to each other.

Whether I could be a teacher where I stand in front of a classroom I don’t know though I have become comfortable being in front of a group. It did take me some time because like most I wasn’t comfortable in front of a group in the beginning. It took time for me to become comfortable. I still remember being in German class in 9th grade and when called to stand to speak in German with a fellow student my brain went mush and I couldn’t remember the German I had learned.  Also in high school when I was in speech class and I had to debate another student I did awful in that as well. I kept going and now I am good with others being in front of a group. Often it takes maturity to become good at something. I don’t think we are talented in all areas. In fact you are likely a successful teacher in whatever talents and gifting that you have. I would encourage you to teach in whatever manner in those areas that you are good at and over time you may in areas that you are not good at right now. The important thing is just keep doing what you are doing I am sure someone is learning from you.


No comments:

Post a Comment