Saturday, February 10, 2018

The Sun




Here in Western Washington during the winter time we don’t see the sun very often. This week peaked its head out a few times and today Saturday supposed to be a sunny day. On Sunday the rain is supposed to happen once again.

January we had a lot of rain. So much that some people I know plan to go somewhere else next year. I can’t really blame them though I am used to it since I have lived here all my life. What is interesting with the lack of sun and a lot of cloudy days it is common for those here to go into depression. I am not sure that has been my problem however it could be part of it. Most years though I do see the sun comes out more often than it has this year. January it rained almost every single day. I am sure it is the reason so many people have talked about leaving for the winter. When you are retired and older I believe you want to spend time in nice and warm weather instead of cloudy and cold.

There are those like my cousin Christy who have a place in Arizona where they can spend the late fall, winter and early spring before returning home. Christy actually lives in British Columbia where they actually have more rain and snow then we do here in Western Washington. Most years she and her husband David go to Arizona in October and then go back to British Columbia just before Christmas. This year my mother and I had a short visit with them here in Gig Harbor while they were on their way to Victoria to spend time with his mother for Christmas; this year though instead of going back to Arizona in February they are going to Morocco and England for a month. They both have been there before but many years ago so want to relive some good memories. Also Christy is into pottery so wants to know more history of pottery in Morocco. It will be fascinating to hear their story. Since mother and I were not able to make it to British Columbia last year because of wild fires our plan is to go in late May or early June for a visit. I look forward to write you all from there.

I hope to see more sun here in February. We have had some very nice months of weather in February before. Spring is real nice around here though rain does come here and there as well. Whatever the weather you have where living enjoy it especially when the sun is around. I embrace every day no matter what the weather is like even though it is harder to do when it is raining all day or cloudy. Peace be with you.  


No comments:

Post a Comment