Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Speak with Compassion


                                                       Good way to start the day



Recently I wrote how important it is to think before what you say or write anything especially what you have a strong opinion about. Also I believe it is important to sound compassionate especially those who have a different view point from yours.

What I see on social media like Facebook people posting how they feel about a subject like the shootings and guns. I am sort of in the middle on the issue however I have found that most who go on the side of having guns and not limiting control show little compassion. Those on the other side show more compassion for those who want to have no controls on guns. In fact often I see finger pointing or being nasty all together. In some cases they know the other person that they are speaking to and others they don’t know at all. I went through the same thing when we had the Presidential election.

Actually now I usually don’t even read what people post on Facebook or I take a little glance. I believe most everyone knows how the other person on the issue feels so why continue going on and on. I guess they are so strong about how they feel let’s not stop. I have mentioned by adding my thoughts on Facebook that they don’t go across as being compassionate but that doesn’t change a whole lot either however I figure that I might as well try every once in a while.

So my thought here is to speak loud how you feel about an issue but at the same time be kind, considerate and compassionate. The world will be a better place to live though it certainly has a way to go. Also don’t lose your friends that don’t agree with you either.


No comments:

Post a Comment