Thursday, May 31, 2018

Gifts of the Holy Spirit


 For all Christians who believe in Jesus Christ have all been gifts by the Holy Spirit. No one has all the gifts but each one has at least one gift. The purpose is to build up the church.

Looking into the gifts I noticed that in Catechism of the Catholic Church doesn’t indicate all the same ones mentioned in 1 Corinthians 12. I am not here to judge the Catholic Church however the two that are not mentioned is speaking in different kinds of tongues and the interpretation of tongues. It is probably not a surprise because even in the protestant church there is controversy about tongues.

In 1 Corinthians 13 Paul says though you may speak in tongues but you don’t love than it is just clanging noise. Although he doesn’t mention the other spiritual gifts when it comes to love I expect it applies to them as well.  So my interpretation is whatever gifts and talents that we have comes down to love. We must have love to give the gifts and talents away to others. I can tell you everything that I believe and encourage you here but I don’t show love than on my part I won’t receive award. You may receive all that I have given you and benefit from it however I won’t.

I pray that I will love all and receive love not for the gifts and talents given to me but that I want love. In my mind nothing else matters besides love. I hope that you feel the same way and that love will cover you. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment