Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Going Home


Today is Tuesday May 22 and it is time to return home after arriving last Tuesday the 15th. Like I have said we can learn about new gifts and talents anytime. This works when we are on a trip as well. I found out Saturday evening that I am able to ride a horse. I only rode a horse once way back when I was nine or ten years old so the challenge was whether I could or not and I found out that I can. My cousin Susan’s husband David went out with me and he said that I am a natural. It felt really good as well. At first I wondered if I could or not but it didn’t take long to find that yes I can. Also I was able to call the cows as well. It is not as easy because the cows don’t always listen very well. I found it funny to me that one group of cows were at Sam’s place (Susan and David’s middle son) I asked them to come forward to move into another pasture  and they were listening to me very well however the calf’s to right of me I glanced over and they were right there ready to go for me. I yelled at the cows how come you can’t listen to me like the calf’s. The key though is to get one cow to go forward than the rest will follow. Eventually we got them over. They will stay usually a couple days until moving to another pasture.

Mother and I will take two days on our return. We will take another route home from the original to have another scenic view. It might take us an hour longer than our trip up but that is OK. I have never been on the route that I remember unless we went at the time going across Canada when I was twelve.

So even though we may not have great talent at something we can always learn something from the experience. Make every effort to do something different and exciting.

I am sure you enjoy my experience well as me giving a bit of advice and encouragement. The plan is to drive until we reach Hope British Columbia which is about the halfway mark. A lovely place to visit if you ever get a chance to come this way.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment