Saturday, June 30, 2018

Being a Writer




We all have a story to tell that is what makes us being a writer. I am here as you know to encourage others in living their life of purpose. Your story can include what your purpose in life is and how you go about doing it. You don’t necessarily need to have your own blog unless that is what you like to do. If so write about what inspires you. Also you can get started by posting on social media. This can get you to know how well you are doing and what others think about what you are sharing.

When it comes to writing everyone has their own style. I write like the way I talk and think. I have a cousin Jennifer who just finished writing a book that she is looking to publish. Also she is involved in a writer’s group where she lives in Oregon. The purpose is to have contacts and become a better writer.  Recently she posted a poem on Facebook. It was very good though the writing was different than mine. I realized that not only our writing is unique we pick up our style from others that we have read. It doesn’t mean that we copy the style exactly but we learn from writers we read from. Also I am sure we do it without realizing it. Jennifer reads a lot of books so I am sure she writes with a combination of writers. I read the newspaper and other blogs primarily. I read mostly the sports section of the paper so when I write about sports I am sure that I write in the way those that I have read. I am sure my style of writing about sports is different than I do here. I would like to write my sports more like I do here in the future.

I believe to when talking with other people especially when using your purpose with the gifts and talents you have been given use your story with them. I believe the most effective way is too share with those who have gone through a lot of the same things you have however you can share with those who haven’t had similar experiences still by sharing your story. This is what writing is all about however so is conversation wherever you are. In fact writing really is conversation in your own way.

Whatever level you have decided to be a writer whether as a blogger or in books people will read to what you have said. I want to encourage you to give your life to others in whatever form it comes. Best to you and until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment