Friday, June 29, 2018

Summer Means Joy


I believe for most people summer means joy. I am sure everyone feels that in different ways.

Here in the Pacific Northwest summer means sunshine. Yes I know that summer means sunshine everywhere however in the Pacific Northwest we don’t have a lot of sun except in the summer. It doesn’t mean we don’t see the sun at all other times of the year it is just not as frequent although we seem to see more often than we used to. For instance in May we had a lot of sun and higher temperatures. It actually felt like summer although I knew when June came around we would have to wait for summer. Actually June has been like May this year in the last few years. I feel as though climate has changed at least here anyway.

Summer means joy for at least a couple reasons to me. When I was a kid because I was out of school; I didn’t have to spend most of the day inside sitting at a desk trying to figure out what I am doing or being out in the hallway because I was talking to loud.  The second reason is the sun. I believe people do feel better when the sun is shining. I do to even other times of the year. The sun may only come out for a few minutes but it has come out.

Here in the Pacific Northwest we do get rain but not as much as people elsewhere think however we do have a lot of cloudy days. Other words a threat of rain which happens sometimes while it often stays just cloudy.

I believe joy is a choice that we make. We can have joy whether it is sunny or not. As a kid I had joy long as I was outside whether the sun was out or not. It was tough when raining but I did the best I could anyway. Being indoors was fine when it was raining to some degree though I preferred the outdoors. I think it all depended what we were doing indoors. If I was sitting at my desk looking at a math problem ouch that hurt or on the other hand we were at a table working on a project that felt much better.

I know that you will have joy and fun during the summer because you will probably spend a lot of time in the outdoors however choose to do so when the weather is not so nice as well. Even look to have joy when you are sitting at a desk. Have the joy of helping the person or persons that are next to you. Use the gifts and talents God has given you with great joy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment